As technology advances and alters how companies operate their day to day business, many customers have experienced a growing need for network administration to manage the hardware and software platforms needed to stay competitive. The problem is these companies do not have enough ongoing work to keep a full or part-time technician busy nor do they have the budget to justify the position. Boston Systems has solved this problem with a scheduled administrative program called MOBILE IT that provides the following services on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis:
- Preventative maintenance, monitoring and advance diagnostics on workstations, servers, switches and firewalls.
- Perform requested maintenance by the customer to include add/delete users, change security rights of users, analyze bandwidth usage, website monitoring, etc.
- Troubleshoot periodic application and hardware issues.
- Ad hoc technology projects.
- Set-up and configure new workstations and peripheral equipment as needed. Relocation of critical equipment.
- Assess the training needs of staff and implement an ongoing training schedule with management.
- Ongoing IT policy review and documentation of company procedures as they relate to the use of technology.
- Recommendations to management on how to optimize the office technology and reduce the level of paper and redundancy.
With several levels of pricing, the customer has the option of lowering their overall price per call significantly. Preventative maintenance will also generally result in fewer emergency calls at the higher rates.